Saturday, December 4, 2010

What a Busy Thanksgiving!

It seemed as if I waited a long time for Thanksgiving to arrive! I love Thanksgiving because it allows Jay and I to travel home (to Alabama) and see both sides of the family. This year was a little different. With my sister just giving birth to her first baby Noah, my parents were in NYC for the holiday! Jay's parents stayed in Kansas as his sister had some complications with her pregnancy.
We started Thursday at DFW airport with a huge delay as our plane had mechanical problems. Not a good sign, but Marley was the star of the airport walking around telling everyone "hey!" She was a complete ham! We eventually made it to Birmingham and spent the next two days with my cousin Kim and her family! We had a good time with a lot of good food. We got the babies together to watch the Iron Bowl but the outcome wasn't in our favor. At least the babies looked cute.

Marley and Jack in their Bama gear!

Marley giving Jack some kisses.

We left Birmingham and headed to the ATL to visit friends and family! It was really a wonderful time. I got to hang out with my cousin Bridgette and her beautiful daughter Jaylen. Then we hung out with Kat, Carlos and Emily and their family. It was like old times with kids around! We stayed at the Marriott Marquis downtown which I highly recommend (but we got the room on Priceline for cheap!).

The kids showing Marley their slide!

Monday we hit the road yet again to Tuscaloosa to see Marley's Great Grandmom Billie! She was so happy to see the baby and how much she has grown! I was so surprised Marley didn't touch every little item at her level in Grandmom's house but she was a good girl! Marley really liked her keyboard/piano player!


We left Tuscaloosa and headed to Huntsville Monday evening. We finally got a chance to sit down and relax a little for the remainder of our vacation. By this time my parents were home and couldn't wait to see their grandbaby! It took Marley a little bit to warm up to them, but after a while it was like they were old friends! We took Marley to visit Santa Wednesday and she was none too happy to meet this guy! She didn't smile once! I figured that would happen, but she looked so cute in her houndstooth outfit!  She also loved my parents pets! 

Houndstooth baby!

Marley was a little excited about the kitty lovin!


Kisses from Six!

We headed back to Texas Thursday and my father was on the same flight with us since he had some business in Ft. Worth! Since we were all on the same flight, Daddy upgraded us to first class! Marley was flying in style though "G" told her there were no crying in first class LOL! 


No comments:


This is the bedding from Overstock.

This is the bedding from Overstock.

Pregnancy Progression

Pregnancy Progression
Here I am at 23 wks (5 months)! I'm getting big!

Here I am getting bigger. I think this was before I was 20 wks. The dress made me look bigger than I was.

Me early in the pregnancy. I can't remember how far along.

Pre Baby Trips

Pre Baby Trips
Me and Jay in the NYC!

In Tuscaloosa at a Bama game!

1st anniversary in the NO!

Honeymoon Happiness

Honeymoon Happiness
Jamaica was the best trip ever! I seriously did not want to leave!