Since the family had been under the weather, we decided to get out of the house and enjoy the last day of the State Fair of Texas! We were all excited about the day too. So much so that I talked Jay into buying a new camera to document the occasion! Ok my SIL Julie kind of helped with the wonderful pictures she has been taking of the boys with her new camera (thanks Julie). So we did a quick read of the instructions, charged up the camera and prepared for our day. I should have known the day wouldn't be the best when Marley woke up and vomited in our bed! Bad omen. We pressed on with the day since she held down her breakfast and took a good nap. We even found a free parking space! The fair was packed! I guess the last day and good weather brings people out. If you don't know the fair is known for its fried food concoctions. So Jay and I were starving and we made our way to the fried goodness, only there was nothing good about it! Fried frito pie - yucky! Chicken fried bacon - a waste of good bacon! Fried beer - get me out of here! It was all nasty! The corn dogs and turkey legs were the best as always. The most fun we had was watching Marley at the petting zoo. She loved the goats and zebras, but HATED the ostrich! I guess my baby doesn't like birds because she cried her little head off! It was a nice day to be out, but I could tell Marley didn't feel well and then I started feeling sick. Needless to say, we got round two of the stomach virus! Ugh when will it end! Here are a few pics from our day out.


At the petting zoo with Daddy!
Fried beer - yucky!
Completely exhausted!
2 comments:
I absolutely LOVE the pics! I'm so glad ya'll bought the camera! Don't you love it?
Sorry to hear ya'll got sick again! What the heck is going on with that virus?!?!
Nice photos - looks like my two girls are going to be the photographers in the families. Keep up the good work.
Marley is so cute.
Grandad
Post a Comment