Sunday, October 4, 2009

First Night at Home!

This whole process of being pregnant has been a very interesting one. I can now say delivering a baby and bring her home is a totally new experience! We were released from the hospital Friday (which was good because that meant we would not miss the Alabama football game). During the day things were just fine. I was not hurting bad at all and the baby slept most of the time in between feedings. Jay went to work that night and me and Mom were at home on baby duty. Marley and I went to bed about 10 and I waited for Jay to get home to take over the late shift which he did but by 1:30 he was exhausted. So I took over and little miss showed me she was not going back to sleep so easily! We were up most of the night, she wasn't crying, just not sleeping LOL. I think Jay and I got about an hour of sleep more that morning before he had to run errands and the game started. I don't know how we managed to watch the Tide but we did!

I just can't wait to return to normal, my body that is! The swelling I am experiencing has gotten worse! My feet are HUGE and so are my hands. And the good hospital medication has worn off and the pain has set in! And let's not talk about my tummy or the fact that I am not breast feeding (OUCH)! It's a little rough but I am hoping with time things will get better. I kind of don't think about it when I look at that sweet little face! She is so precious! I still can't believe just last week I was preggers and now I have this sweet little sack of sugar (that is what my aunt calls her since she is 5 pounds, just like a sack of sugar)!


2 comments:

Alicia W. said...

I hope you feel better soon. Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL

GiGi said...

I can understand why your body is sore...from having had a C-Section. Julie and I were wondering what you were told about handling your milk coming in. That experience can be very uncomfortable. I don't understand the swelling in your hands and feet. Glad you are going to the doctor tomorrow....maybe they can give you some answers...and meds! Can't wait to see that beautiful granddaughter of mine. Ya'll done good!!!


This is the bedding from Overstock.

This is the bedding from Overstock.

Pregnancy Progression

Pregnancy Progression
Here I am at 23 wks (5 months)! I'm getting big!

Here I am getting bigger. I think this was before I was 20 wks. The dress made me look bigger than I was.

Me early in the pregnancy. I can't remember how far along.

Pre Baby Trips

Pre Baby Trips
Me and Jay in the NYC!

In Tuscaloosa at a Bama game!

1st anniversary in the NO!

Honeymoon Happiness

Honeymoon Happiness
Jamaica was the best trip ever! I seriously did not want to leave!