My husband got his father one of those camera's for his computer as his Father's Day gift. He figured this way they could talk back and forth and see one another and we could visit with our nephew's with they are over. Last night the two men worked on getting things up and running and used Skype. I can tell you it wasn't the smoothest process in the world, but the in-laws got the idea and we were able to see they via video. We have a MAC and the Ichat is a lot easier to use. The only catch is the other person also has to have a MAC in order for it to work. It was still pretty cool though. If you want to talk to relatives that are far away this is a great tool rather then the traditional phone conversation.
On another note, I am still upset over hearing Jon and Kate are calling it quits. I know it seems silly but I really liked them because they seemed like a typical American couple. They were raw and honest and I really thought they would be together for a long time. From what I have seen I think Jon is the one wanting out of the marriage and has problems with the whole lifestyle (yes the one he helped to create)! I saw an interview where he stated he was only 32 and can do anything right now! How arrogant! Kate is the same age but now has to deal with being divorces with 8 freakin kids to boot! Just sad and wrong. I feel for her.
Oh I almost forgot! My hubby is almost finished with the guest bathroom! I'm so excited! The new tile floor is in, the toilet is back on and sparkling and he is putting in a new faucet as well! Next week the guys come out to refinish the tile in the shower and it will look totally different. I will post before and after pics so you can see the spot in all it's glory!
Happy 15th Anniversary to an AMAZING couple ;)
14 years ago



2 comments:
I'm looking forward to the pics! Mom was telling me all about Skype this morning. Sounds like it's pretty cool! I can't wait to see it in action.
As for Jon & Kate, I was sad to hear about the divorce too. But I've read lots of things that puts her in a really bad light. I feel sorry for Jon. He said last season he didn't want to keep doing the show & it looks like she won that battle. I just hope TLC cancels the show. No one wants to watch the kids go through that. Plus the kids are too old to be on the show anyway. Okay...I think I've written too much. :)
Love skype here...we use it to talk to my parents and the kids love that they get to see them while talking!
I'm with Julie on Jon and Kate. I really liked their show but think that she should have backed off of him a while ago. I still don't think he had the right to cheat(if that's what he did)however the man couldn't go to the bathroom without her permission it seemed like. I just hope everything works out for the kids and they are able to be civil with each other.
Post a Comment